Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunset Fiction - Chapter I: Midnight Walker


It’s midnight. I watch from my car to the other side of the street a man walking in the rain. I glance to the picture that my client gave me and see that it's him. He didn’t say why he wanted me to follow him, just told me to follow him. Throughout the night, until he returned home. I lit a cigarette and started the engine, moving slowly and letting him take advantage not to notice of my presence. I parked as I turned down a narrow street where it’d be difficult to follow him without he realize it, and without losing him I continued following him on foot. Two minutes later he entered a bar which neon sign said The Last Night Dive. I had never been there despite my free nights when I usually end up in this kind of cold and sordid dens. I waited outside for a moment and then I got in. He was sitting at a table in the back, absorbed in his whiskey glass in the darkness. He didn’t even look up when I entered. I sat at the bar and ordered a whiskey with ice. I lit a cigarette and waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment